Ok, so this is entirely inspired by one of my friends posts (Kirimi, yours cracked me up and brought back so many memories)! Basically, you just post 25 random things about you and since I find myself to be rather strange I thought it would be a funny thing to do. Even though the contents of this blog will probably expose that I am a perfectionist in some areas and OCD in others, haha.
1) I hate stickers. Ok, let me rephrase that. I don't like stickers on me. Stick them anywhere else, on paper, on furniture, just not on me. I just can't stand that sticky feeling on me.
2) I use to always have to have the end of my two pillow cases facing each other, not hanging off the side of the bed. I have learned to let go of this a little because I realized that it's really not a big deal if they aren't facing each other. However, I still do it without thinking when making my bed after I wash my sheets.
3) Speaking of laundry I still fold my towels the way I learned to fold them at my old job at Bed, Bath and Beyond, which by the way was seven years ago . . . hahaha.
4) I have a nervous habit if picking at hang nails on my right thumb. I do it without thinking and I am really trying to stop the habit.
5) I don't like chiwawas. I think they look like little rat dogs. I don't like they're wet, running eyes, and their shaking dispositions. No thanks, it's just not the dog for me.
6) If I am in a doctor's or dentist's office and I am waiting in the room I usually try to read everything they have on the wall to keep myself occupied. Once I've done that if I am still waiting, I'll count the ceiling tiles.
7) I don't like magazines. I don't subscribe to any and I never read them when they are at salons. They just don't interest me. I would much rather have a book to read. I like looking through Design magazines, but the only time I ever do that is when I am browsing through Barnes and Noble.
8) I have always gotten excited/nervous around someone I really like. The butterflies just come in a quick wave when I first see that person and I can't help but smile and look away. I just get a little shy in that initial moment, I don't know why. I still get like that every time Brian comes to my door. I open it up with a smile and quickly look away as I let him in. It's ridiculous I know, but that's me.
9) I absolutely love 80 degree days. Dry heat or humidity, I love it! It's the perfect temperature to me.
10) On that note winter kills me, haha.
11) I am not the type of person who just likes to layout next to a pool. If there's a pool I am getting in it at some point. I love swimming. You'll never see me just lay by a pool and not get in the water.
12) I can't stand things being messy or dirty in my house and yet my room is usually a disaster. Even though I don't like it, I hate straightening it up because it's always more work than it looks like initially. It probably ends up the most messy just because usually most people don't see it so I don't have to worry about it being clean all the time.
13) I really do like being outside. I don't even really have to be doing anything. My favorite time of the year is when it starts to get warm and I can go over to my parents house and sit on the back porch. We just listen to music, talk, and laugh until the evening comes and I love it.
14) I love pickles, green olives, and sour crout. I know most people can't stand at least one of those, but I love all three.
15) Disneyland and World are awesome. I have been to some pretty cool places in the world, but those two still get me excited. I don't think I will ever grow out of it.
16) I am terrible with my cell phone. I forget to charge it and sometimes leave it at home. It's probably because I am not allowed to have it at work with me, so I am not use to having it on me. I am terrible at texting too. I do much better talking on the phone then sending a text.
17) I have always been a touchy-feely person. I love giving hugs and snuggling with anyone I am close with.
18) I'm not, however, a huge shopper. I really have to be in the mood to go to the mall and more often than not am disappointed when I do. Most the things I try on end up looking better on the hanger and usually the one thing I went out to try and find doesn't exist. Not to mention having to deal with so many stupid people who are also out.
19) I absolutely hate it when people say something to you just to be spiteful. When there is absolutely no reason to there comment other than to make you feel bad. If you don't have a constructive criticism than just keep your mouth shut.
20) Carnations are my favorite flowers because they look so happy and not only does the smell last for a long time, but so does the flower.
21)Piglet was my favorite character in Winnie the Pooh.
22) I really enjoy people watching. I always look at expressions, clothing, and hair. Maybe it's the artist in me that makes me so observant.
23) The only piece of makeup that I really need is mascara (and chap stick in the winter time). However, I am a girlie-girl when it comes to makeup and I do like putting it on and dressing up from time to time.
24) Even though I consider Lobster to be my favorite food, hamburgers would be a close second. If you judged which one was my favorite though by how much of it I ate, hamburgers would win.
25) I still get a little scared of the dark and if I am home alone I always make sure to have the light on in the next room before turning the other one out, haha.
1 comment:
Very nice! These are always interesting to read, and a few of yours totally cracked me up.
For instance, stickers. I completely forgot how much you hate them. I have vivid memories of hanging out in our room, attacking you with stickers just because the result was hilarious.
And I think it's funny that you and I are totally opposite when it comes to using a phone. I would rather text, you would rather call. Either way, I'm terrible about keeping in touch :-/
So glad for Facebook and blogs, it's fun to be able to connect this way at least! :-)
Post a Comment