Back in November Brian and I took a trip to Luray caverns which is in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The caverns were discovered in the 1800s and was soon opened to the public. There is a pathway that takes visitors into the cave and a guide to give information and answer questions. I had been to some caves in California when I was very little and thought they were the coolest things. So when I found out that they had caves here in VA I couldn't wait to go see them. It's amazing to think that this was all created over millions of years. I thought too that the cave was going to be cold, but it stays a cool 65 degrees year round in there, which was actually a little warmer than the day that we went. All I wanted to do was take pictures when we got down inside, but of course it's difficult to get a good shot in such low light unless you really know what you're doing and have a great camera. Luckily, Brian and I were able to get some decent shots. The one below is a large pool of water that you come to a little while after entering the cave. It's an obtical illusion in that it looks fairly deep because of the mirrored reflection, but in fact, it's only 18 inches deep.
This is of Brian and I at the end of the tour before leaving the cave.
Pictured below is one of the Stilagmites that fell hundreds of years ago.
Brian's Italian side coming out (talkin' with his hands).
Being goofy on the drive back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment