I went to NYC three times this past year and thought I would combine two into one blog. The first trip was at the end of January for my friend Lauren's art show in Brooklyn. I drove up with our mutual friend Yve to NJ to meet up with Lauren. When we arrived in NJ we were able to meet up with a fellow Mican and good friend Ben for some great beer in Princeton.
Above is what you get when you have had a couple beers and think it's the perfect time to set up your camera on timer to get a group shot, haha. The next day we went into the city to wonder around before Lauren's show.
The next trip was at the end of August with two really good friends from work. We had decided to take a girls weekend and head up to the big city to see what kind of stuff we could see and what trouble we could get into, lol! It was probably one of the best trips to NYC that I have had. Probably because we stayed in the city and didn't have to deal with time constraints when you are only there for a day. We stayed at the Sharton hotel not too far from Time Square.It was, however, a tough start to our first day. I think everyone has done this at least once or twice in their lives when you are so sure that your alarm is going to wake you up the next day that you don't bother setting any sort of back up. Well, that was me and boy was I wrong. Instead of waking to the beeping of my phone I woke to my friend Ann calling me, wondering where I was. I had slept in and the time she was calling me was the time I was suppose to be at her house so that we could carpool to the metro to get to the bus in DC. Haha, so much for that idea. Luckily, I had everything packed and just needed to slip on some comfy clothes for the bus ride up. I was out the door in five min and at Ann's in record timing. Her boyfriend was kind enough to give us a lift to the bus stop in DC and we were able to meet up with Sophie and the other girl who was coming with us there. We got up to NYC around noon and were all starving. The hotel check in wasn't till 4:00pm so we left our bags there and headed directly across the street for some food. Below is a pic of Ann and I at that restuarant where I felt relieved to have something in my belly and at the same time gross from not having a show since the day before, haha!

After we had some food in our stomatchs, checked into the hotel, and I managed to take a quick shower we headed back out in the heat to Central Park. I had been there once before in my life. It was back in February during my first trip to NYC in college and it was freeeezing! There was actually still snow from a few days before left on the ground and the large reservoir was frozen over. It definitely not the most pleasant walk through Central Park. This time it was packed with all kinds of people and I loved seeing the park full of life! There were joggers, bikers, musicians, people reading books on shady patches of grass, and even more people rowing boats on one the park's may ponds. I could probably have people watched there all day. However, after walking for quite sometime we all agreed air conditioning and a cool drink were sounding very good. So we went to Tavern on the green :) Such a cute little spot! We went up stair to a small bar with a beautiful stain glass picture above it and I happily sipped a mojito and glass of water before heading back out into the light of day.

1 comment:
Yeah for blogs! So great to see that you have one- I started one not long ago and I think it's a really cool way to share what's going on in your life and release a little creative energy (what very litte I have!) Can't wait to hear more :-)
Post a Comment