So I am going to not make this so mooshy-gooshy, but it may turn out that way. It's hard to get around that when you are talking about someone you love. Back in September I met someone named Brian. We went out a couple times before I went off to Venice and I have to say I was really nervous about that trip because I really liked Brian. I was so worried that he would just continue dating other people after I left since we really were just dating at that point, find someone else, and by the time I got back I would have that call or talk that every one loves. Luckily the opposite happened and when I returned he wanted to meet up again. He invited me hiking with him and some of his friends down in Shenandoah National Park, VA. Needless to say I was relieved and very excited to go hiking with him. I took it as a good sign that he thought I was worthy enough to meet his close friend who lives in the area and who would be coming on the trip.
We couldn't have picked a better fall day either to do it. It was sunny and still fairly warm, but had that wonderful fall breeze in the air. I hadn't been to the park before which is very large, if not the largest national park in VA. We left in the morning and met up with Brenda (Brian's close friend) and met up with her friends around 11 or so in the park. By that point Brian and I were starving managed to convince the others to eat at the restaurant that was on site before heading up the trail.
The trail itself was beautiful and took us to some great over looks of the park. It was nice to finally see some foothills of decent size. Being originally from Washington state I am use to seeing Mountains and it's the one thing that I have to say I sorely miss here. So at least this was semi close to that. Plus I love hiking and was so excited to go! We took some pictures of the over look and spent sometime just sitting together looking at the view. As corny as this is going to sound I new then that this was a person that I could not just fall in love with, but that I could really see myself with for a long time. There were many reasons, but one that just struck me so plainly in that moment. For the simple fact that we could just be together and say nothing at all. Just enjoy nature and being together. Ok, ok, I am done with the sappy-ness, haha. Here are some of the pictures I was able to take that day.
The view from one of the overlooks:
Brian giving me the cheesy smile and Mr. Cool:
Happy to be outside and hiking!!
Brian and I:
No comments:
Post a Comment