Friday, October 7, 2011

Fugly Fashion: Loosey Goosey Tops

I'm almost a 100 percent sure that the name I came up for these is not correct at all in the fashion world, but I think it describes them perfectly. I'm not sure whether I can really call this fugly fashion though because I have to say that it actually doesn't look horrible on the right figure. It's more of a rant on whatever happened to accentuating a woman's curves than on bad fashion. Sure if you are tall and skinny either one of these examples would look awesome on you:


But what about the rest of us, and when I say "rest" I mean the 95 percent of women left. Honestly, have you ever tried one on these variations with a larger rack? I can speak from experience . . . it is not a pretty sight, unless you want to look pregnant when you aren't. The fabric just hangs straight down from the bust, you might as well be wearing a paper bag on top. Forget it all together if you are short, why would you want to wear a longer larger shirt on top that makes you look top heavy and cuts off the length of your legs? I'm 5'3" and I need that length.

Now, for you tall skinny glasses of water out there, this may seem like a great option for you. And I suppose it doesn't look bad, but here's the thing, you aren't highlighting anything by wearing it. There's no shape made. I mean look at those two, sure they look comfy and put together, but there's no curves in the end. Now envision the turquoise top if she were to pair it with a thin black belt . . . and wallah you have a waist! It does exist! I just know that for me these shirts just scream "I'll make you look fat, but buy me because I am super trendy and all the cool kids are doing it." Um, no thanks. I'd rather show off what little goods I may have. 

On that note, whilst I was looking for these images I found this:


How freaking cute is that! Not sure if I could pull off that bow, but that's an awesome dress . . . on sale . . . at New York & Co. ($39.95 online=insane!), if anyone else is interested. And high waist=puts focus on skinniest part of your body and gives length, pencil skirt=shows off those curves, bonus! 


No comments: