Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fugly Fashion Fridays

Ok, so first I know that today is not Friday, but I finally figured out what to call my new theme to this already random life/decorating/baby decorating blog. It was inspired by my hatred of some fashion trends and the fact that there are a ton of "I love fashion, O-M-G" type blogs, but few that state the obvious horrible things that the "fashion gods" create or what people do with these said trendy things to make them horrible. However, never fear I am up to that said task. So hopefully every Friday or so, I plan to post something in the fashion world that I believe should be banned or burned. I know that I will inevitably step on someone's toes here, but please keep in mind that this is only my opinion, which you are more than welcome to put in one ear and let right out the other (I think some people already do this now, haha).

Now onto the the good stuff, the first Fugly Fashion is . . . drumroll . . .

 Leggings as Pants


There is something else wrong with this picture, but I'll get to those later. For now this illustrates my point perfectly. No one wants to see this or the back side for that matter. I don't care how fine you think your ass is. I get it, leggings are cute not to mention can make wearing any dress warmer. Plus they fit oh so conveniently in those knee high boots everyone wears now, but who's bright idea was it to wear them solely as pants? Do not be fooled by other companies that are disguising them as pants either.


They're tights. . . that's right jeggings, I'm on to you . . . and your horrible typography and ad campaigns.

Can we please make a pact not to do this anymore. Let's do everyone a favor and cover up those goods that we squeeze into these things with the appropriate dresses, long sweaters/shirts, and rock those knee high boots like they were intended for. Instead of looking like the slob that rolled out of bed and forgot to put pants on. Thank you.

No comments: