Well, I have been in training for work. And when I say "training" I mean four months worth of training. All of which is to help understand my clients better and network. I can tell you right now all it's it's making me want to do is go back to work. The upside, I have confirmed something I kinda new for a while . . . I love my job. Last week I was so bummed about going to training again (and this was only week 3) and Brian asked don't I feel like that sometimes going into work? I thought about it for a sec and no, I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy when I go to work. Even when it's crazy, I still have a positive outlook when I head into work. I actually smile on my drive in on occasion. I know it sounds crazy, but that just gives you a sense of how much I miss it right now.
On the upside Brian and I have stayed busy on the weekends and it gets my mind off of this mundane training for a little while anyway. Over the holiday weekend we went over to my parents' to spend the day catching up and eating good food. Then Sunday we woke up early and watched the F1 Monaco race (so awesome, sigh) and afterward spent the rest of the day exploring Richmond, VA. I had never really been there, just driven through, and Brian suggested we go check some of the historical sites out. Best decision ever since the town was practically deserted since most locals ran off to the beach for the holiday. Therefore we pretty much had the place to ourselves (wish most places were like that, haha).
While we were there we checked out the neighborhood Shockoe Bottom:
And of course we had to check out the capitol building while we were there as well as the governor's mansion (he's got the shortest commute to work ever!):
Finally on Monday we ventured out again in the breaking heat and met up with friends for a picnic in a near by park. To top it all off I made the first splash in our neighborhood pool as soon as we came home, which was a-m-a-z-ing! A perfect end to a long weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment