Our honeymoon was amazing and I know that's usually the first thing everyone says when they go on one, but ours truly was. I don't think it would have been as great if we hadn't stayed at the Ladera Resort. This place was incredible! It's positioned up in the hills between the grand Piton mountains, so that every room has great views of both and of the water. The rooms only have three walls so that where the fourth is replaced with this awesome view:

And each room has it's own plunge pool as well, and the best part is, no one can see into each other's rooms. Therefore you really do feel like it's just the two of you in paradise. This is what our room looked like:
We also couldn't get over the continental breakfasts we would have in the morning. Everything was so fresh and once again we were able to enjoy the view while we dined.
Although the resort was not right on the beach it did have a relationship with another resort that had a beach. Therefore we were able to take a shuttle down and enjoy some beach time.
"Relaxation" was the theme of our honeymoon, however we did do a cooking class with the main Chef Orlando of Dasheen restaurant that is at the resort. That was so much fun, but unfortunately we didn't have our camera with us for that part. Too bad too, I would have loved to have gotten some shots of Brian help Orlando out on stage. We did get a chance to go to some lovely botanical gardens in Soufriere and the sulf springs, where they filmed some of the bachelor.
All in all a great trip and we got some wonderful pictures and video too. We brought with us our Flip, so we were able to get plenty of video, which is kinda cool since I've never really documented a trip that way before in the past. When I get a minute, I'll have to post some of our videos here, so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment