Ok, so consistent blogging is, let's face it, difficult for me to achieve. Even now I am scrambling to write one while Brian is in the shower and we get ready to head out to the grocery store. I know that I said I would have video from our honeymoon and I swear I will and do, but they aren't on my computer, so yet again, you'll have to be patient with me. The past couple months have been busy, but all good things. Even though I am less than thrilled about cooler weather I am excited about a new season. Fall is not my favorite, but apple cider, savory soups, and football are. Though the thought of all the leaves and everything green disappearing is depressing for me to think about, the thought of Christmas being around the corner more than makes up for it!
So what have we been up too . . .

At the beginning of October my brother tied the knot with his long time girlfriend Stephanie. They both flow out from Arizona to say "I do" on the Chesapeake in front of family and friends. I could not be more excited for the two of them. I have to admit I was a little sad about giving up my last name, although fully willing to do so. However, now I feel like I never truly gave it away, but instead gave it to someone else to have.
A couple weekends after the wedding Brian and were invited by friends to go to Penn State's homecoming game. Brian loves college football, so he was extra excited about seeing such a big name in college football history play. I love football and beer, so really this was a win/win situation for me. We had a great weekend and got to stroll around on campus too, which is HUGE. This weekend we are gearing up for another college game--Notre Dame vs. Navy--and we are so excited! We're going with a couple friends and my parents, who are routing for Navy. Me, well, this is a house divided. I feel like I should be routing for Navy, but the hubby went to Notre Dame . . . meh, I think at this point I have more ND gear than Navy, but I won't be too soar if they end up losing (sorry Brian).
As for last weekend I finally got some sister time and spent Saturday chillin' with Morgan. Man, that girl has grown up! We were looking through Banana Republic and she actually pointed out things that she liked! I was shocked. I guess this means she's slowly out-growing her ghetto-fabulous fashion sense . . . we can only hope, haha. She's in school now laying the ground work for her Chemical Engineering degree. Um, yeah, I definitely didn't get those brains. More power too her, haha, I've never seen someone get so excited over black holes and photons. It may have taken her a little while to figure out what she wanted to do, but now that she does she is so focused and (are you ready, this is going to be cheesy) I am so proud of her! Then Sunday we had some of our DC friends over for some good grub and football. I think it was seriously a month since we had seen them last. Time goes by too fast, so this get together was definitely needed.
As for news on married life . . . no I am not pregnant. Although that seems to be what people first ask me. Or when we're going to have kids. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and can't wait to be a mom, but just give us a minute people. I do have the baby bug though. I got books a couple months ago because I felt like I needed to read up on it. Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant and I was tired of hearing things and not knowing fact from fiction. Course, all I am getting from the book so far is that every pregnancy is different and ask your practitioner, uh-huh, thanks Barnes n' Knoble mind giving me my money back? (Actually, there is some good stuff in there). Anyway, who knows maybe this time next year . . .
Speaking of next year, we are planning a trip to the great North West! Holla! I am so excited to show Brian around :) We're thinking of traveling a little before Labor Day and a little after to take advantage of the three day weekend and boy do I have a list of things I want to do! Our home base will be in Seattle and Brian has never been, so we'll definitely do all the standard things. Plus, I have to show him the "chateau on the plateau" Sammamish, you know the usual, where I went to school, lived, hung out. Now if it wasn't so far off . . .
Well, I think that about sums it up for now. And no, I didn't just write that all in the time that Brian took a shower (though he does take long ones). Nope, took me at least two days until I sat myself down in front of the computer again, haha. At least you are now all caught up.
ttfn
1 comment:
YES! So excited you're planning a trip to the NW! I hope we'll get the chance to see you, and I'd love to meet Brian!
Congrats to Chris, that's really exciting. And I love what you said about giving your maiden name to Stephanie, that's a really sweet thought.
Glad you're still blogging when you have time...I hardly have time for blogging either, but I do love keeping up with everyone this way (rather than FB).
Enjoy Fall, even though it's not your fav :-)
Post a Comment