Yes, I know about freakin' time. Now, it's all tucked away. Not sure what I want to do with it. I've always thought it would be cool to renew our vows at the 10 year mark and it would be, of course, super cool if I could still fit into it then. We'll see. I'll hang on to it till then and maybe if we have a daughter she'll want to incorporate something from it in her dress or for her wedding. I doubt she would wear it, but at least it's an option.
As for the rest of my "to dos" I've actually been able to check off quite a bit in the last month. We've painted the baby's room and love the color. So glad we went with grey. I took some before shots too, so once it's all together I should be able to do the big unveil for you. My parents were nice enough to get us the changing table over last weekend. And Brian's dad is getting us the crib, while his mom offered to get the stroller and car seat. What a relief. All this stuff adds up so fast! I'm so thankful we have so much help. With all those things taken care of my list was really cut down.
I also signed Brian and myself up for two baby things. One is a tour of the hospital I'll be delivering at and the other is a baby care class. It will be a good refresher for me since it's been a while since I changed a diaper and such from my babysitting days and for Brian since, well, he's never had any experience with babies. I'm still contemplating the lamaze class . . . maybe.
The good news is that in general I feel pretty good about where everything stands with the baby stuff. The biggest thing besides all that on the horizon for us is getting a new car and trading mine in :( Such a sad day, but it's time and we're going to need to cars that can carry this little dude around in. So far we're looking at the Jeep Compass, Subaru Forester and Outback, and the Toyota Rav4. We're test driving today and I have a feeling it'll come down to one of the Subarus. I'll have to let you know what we thought after. For now I am putting a big check mark next to my life at the moment.
I also signed Brian and myself up for two baby things. One is a tour of the hospital I'll be delivering at and the other is a baby care class. It will be a good refresher for me since it's been a while since I changed a diaper and such from my babysitting days and for Brian since, well, he's never had any experience with babies. I'm still contemplating the lamaze class . . . maybe.
The good news is that in general I feel pretty good about where everything stands with the baby stuff. The biggest thing besides all that on the horizon for us is getting a new car and trading mine in :( Such a sad day, but it's time and we're going to need to cars that can carry this little dude around in. So far we're looking at the Jeep Compass, Subaru Forester and Outback, and the Toyota Rav4. We're test driving today and I have a feeling it'll come down to one of the Subarus. I'll have to let you know what we thought after. For now I am putting a big check mark next to my life at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment