With all my talk of nursery and decorating stuff in previous blog posts, you would think I would be on top of my game when it comes to putting ours together. However, now that the time is finally here, I'm a little stumped. I have some ideas, but for the most part I am up in the air about everything. I'm hoping some things will solidify themselves sooner rather than later. At least we've agreed on color: a soft grey for the walls. I want something neutral that we can pair with a couple bright colors as accents throughout the room. I also want to DIY my mobile over our crib . . . we'll see how that goes. But I love paper ones and I thought it would be fun to do one with paper cranes. I love the meaning behind them. In Japanese culture they symbolize long life, happiness, good luck and peace. All good things to hang over you I think. I'm not sure if I'll mix them with these poms (below) or not, but I like those as well. All good ways to add come color.

I also know that I kinda want a mini library for my little one, well more like a reading corner. I like this idea of displaying the book faces and this is a cute piece that could do just that.
However, I am still stumped on bedding. Although, Brian and I both agreed to keep it simple and to go without the bumper. I love what they have at
New Arrivals Inc. But it's hard to get a sense of what it really looks like when it's just online and you can't see it at a store.
Anyway, right now I am focused on paint. We'll be painting our bathrooms this weekend and after that's done the next project will be the nursery. I am excited about the process and definitely a little nervous. I hope to take some good before and after pictures though so you guys can see the end result.
Until then, wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment