Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home?





















Well this could be it. We put in an offer for this place in Sterling, VA over the weekend and the owners accepted. After about a month of looking and two offers rejected I was happy that our third try really was the charm. I'm trying not to get too excited because we had the home inspection yesterday and the roof was on its last year and there are a few things we requested they fix. We have the roof and chimney inspected by two experts tomorrow. Once that's all done our Realtor will present the owners with our findings and hopefully they will agree to our terms. Otherwise we'll have to decide if we want to move forward or not. Until then I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Just to give you an overview the home has three bedrooms and two full baths (one in the basement and one upstairs). The basement is finished and opens to the backyard, which lets in a lot of light. The kitchen is awesome! It has granite counter tops and a deep sink. Off the kitchen there is room enough for dining area. Definitely big enough for a table that sits six, which is great because I really want to attempt Thanksgiving at our place this year if I can. The kitchen and dining room are in the back and when you first walk in there is a nice living room to the right with a wood burning fire place :) I am very happy about this because I really want to be able to have fires in the winter and a traditional place to hang stockings. Plus the whole main level is wood floors, which is great. The door to the basement even has a kitty door cut into it, which I am sure the owners didn't really like (since they didn't have a cat, so they didn't put it there), but the great thing is they didn't get rid of it and it'll be perfect for Baby Kitty and Zed.

So keep your fingers crossed for us. If all goes according to plan our closing date is at the end of April and we should be in our new place by the beginning of May. Just in time for when I start a class I have to take for work that will actually be closer to our new home, so my commute there won't be as bad.

No comments: