Ok, I'm stressed and this time not about work, life. I know, I know life is stressful in general, but I feel like recently it became ten times more. So tell me I'm not crazy when I vent about these things that I feel like are taking me over the edge a little, haha.
1) Buying a home . . .
and with that comes . . .
2) Finances . . .
and most importantly 3) the prospect of starting a family, which inevitably made one and two that much more stressful. I know I am not the only the one that has gone through these life changing things, I am merely using this as a way to sorta vent and by doing so make myself maybe feel a little better. First of all, let me just say that I am very excited about one and three. Two is something that we all struggle with, unless you are a millionaire and in that case I hate you, or love you depending on how much money you are willing to share with me ;) So I know that that will all just work out in the end, it always kinda does.
But mean while with all this on the horizon, I am in mad nesting mode and it's beginning to stress me out a little. I have this overwhelming desire to organize EVERYTHING. I think it's because I want the move to be smooth (well, more so than it would be with a bunch of crap we don't need). Plus, I want to be able to start fresh in our new home which I want to be this . . .

but most likely will be more of a ranch style home on a smaller scale or a town home. Oh, how living in the DC area has it's charms. Lots of job opportunity makes for a tougher housing market. More money, less house. Gotta love the trade off. Course I could live in Atlanta--more house, less money--but we would be in Atlanta . . . um no thanks.
So I am totally fine with the other option. Actually I almost prefer the smaller house option, but as you can see space will be a little limited. I hope it'll be a little more than what we have now, but getting rid of some of the stuff we don't need will certainly help things in the future. We did that over the last couple weekends and it was great! We went to good will and dropped off some clothes, threw a lot of junk away, and even donated some unwanted books. We were then finally able to re-organize the guest room and book shelves. You would think that with all this my mind would be occupied, but no.
However, since then my mind has wondered to how I would decorate a baby's room and the rest of the house in our future non-existent home. Which, by the way, if you have ever done you will know it is near impossible to decorate when you really haven't made the purchase yet. So instead, I have just learned to except the fact that these things (mainly baby things) will most likely preoccupy my mind for a while, but at least I will be prepared (well, some what). Besides I can blog about some of my decorating ideas along the way. So be prepared to read about some upcoming interior design/baby stuff ideas.
So I am totally fine with the other option. Actually I almost prefer the smaller house option, but as you can see space will be a little limited. I hope it'll be a little more than what we have now, but getting rid of some of the stuff we don't need will certainly help things in the future. We did that over the last couple weekends and it was great! We went to good will and dropped off some clothes, threw a lot of junk away, and even donated some unwanted books. We were then finally able to re-organize the guest room and book shelves. You would think that with all this my mind would be occupied, but no.
However, since then my mind has wondered to how I would decorate a baby's room and the rest of the house in our future non-existent home. Which, by the way, if you have ever done you will know it is near impossible to decorate when you really haven't made the purchase yet. So instead, I have just learned to except the fact that these things (mainly baby things) will most likely preoccupy my mind for a while, but at least I will be prepared (well, some what). Besides I can blog about some of my decorating ideas along the way. So be prepared to read about some upcoming interior design/baby stuff ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment