I have never see so many people in DC before! Everywhere you went you saw stands of Obama memorabilia. Not to mention all of the people who were wearing Obama shirts and pins. Before making our way over to the mall, we stopped to get our coffee fix. Then it was back out into the streets with everyone else to gain access to the mall. We were finally able to walk onto the mall after trying at least five other streets prior to that. However, the walking didn't bother me a bit because it kept me warm.
The crowd behind us as we walked to the mall:


Brian and I stopping to take it all in and get some sips of our coffee:

We decided to watch from the Washington Monument and by that time it was 9:30 a.m. We still had about an hour so so wait, in the cold with a nice breeze as well. That's when it almost became unbearable. We thought that maybe if we sat for a while the people standing around would help block the wind. A nice thought in theory, but it was just as cold sitting as it was standing. I was so excited when the ceremony finally began mainly because it gave me something else to focus on besides my freezing limbs.
Brian and I sitting in hopes of trying to stay warmer:

The crowd in front and behind us as we watched the speech:


We left right after the speech and hopped the metro and bus back to Brian's place. I have to say it was nice to watch the rest of the festivities in the comfort of a warm apartment. But through it all I am glad that I was able to experience it in person. I will never forget that day.
Obama being sworn in:
The crowd behind us as we walked to the mall:
Brian and I stopping to take it all in and get some sips of our coffee:

Brian and I sitting in hopes of trying to stay warmer:
The crowd in front and behind us as we watched the speech:
We left right after the speech and hopped the metro and bus back to Brian's place. I have to say it was nice to watch the rest of the festivities in the comfort of a warm apartment. But through it all I am glad that I was able to experience it in person. I will never forget that day.
Obama being sworn in:
No comments:
Post a Comment