Tuesday, December 30, 2008

InDesign Conference, Miami, FL



Feburary 08
The first big trip of the year was to Miami, FL to attend an InDesign Conference for work. I know what you're thinking, must have been really tough to go to Miami for a conference. But you can rest assured that it wasn't, haha! I was lucky enough to go with one of my good friends from work as well, which made the trip that much better. The conference was a week long and not only feature seminars on Adobe InDesign, but the other Adobe programs as well (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Acrobat). I ended up going to all the InDesign classes as well as squeezing in a few Photoshop ones. I still had to get up fairly early for each class and they did last all day, but we had a decent break for lunch, and were able to squeeze in some exploring at the end of each day.

The first day we were there we had a power outage the second half of class. We waited for an hour and a half, but it never came back on so Lynn and I excused ourselves for the day and went to lay out on the beach . . .



From then on, however, the classes went without a hitch the rest of the week. We finished up the training with a little bit of celebrating for Lynn's birthday at this really cool restaurant. Inside they had wine bottles they hung from the celining. A perfect ending to a very fun work trip.

No comments: